Thursday, April 9, 2015

Graduating at the taupe of your class!

As my graduation day comes dauntingly closer and closer (and for some reason my school has added a countdown feature to their Instagram page that I do not appreciate in the least bit), I have been struggling to find the perfect dress to celebrate the completion of my college education. I know that I can't be the only one and therefore am dedicating this blog to all of you ladies who are also going through this process.

Luckily, I am an avid online shopper and therefore knew plenty of the places to search for a dress. For those of you who aren't sure where to shop, here's a brief list of some of my favorites (it's hard not to find a minimum of 5 dresses on each site, so brace yourselves):

1. RevolveClothing.com
2. ShopBop.com
3. Asos.com
4. Bcbg.com
5. NastyGal.com
6. Lulus.com
7. Bloomingdales.com (the equivalent of hitting the jackpot)
8. FreePeople.com
9. Tobi.com (a little less promising than the others for the occasion, but still has options)
10. SaksFifthAvenue.com (this one can be overwhelming if you're not a fan of shopping, but if you are, you've basically hit Mecca)

On any of these online portals, you can access hundreds of dresses through the click of a button. Pertaining to the fit of the dress, I suggest you stick to a cut that you know flatters your shape. Your graduation day is not the day to try a wildcard. Instead you should be comfortable, radiant, and most importantly feel your absolute best. If you are wanting to spice things up a little bit, I suggests you do so with the color of you dress. It's much easier to pull off a color than it is to pull of an unflattering shape.

Next step to your graduation look is shoes! Once again ladies this is no time for a wildcard since you'll most likely be on your feet all day. Therefore pick a comfortable heel height (wedge is best since there's about a 99.9% chance that at some point in the day you'll be on grass) that is also appropriate for the length of your dress.

Lastly, it's time to accessorize! Now here is where you don't want to overdo it. You should be the center of attention on this day and pictures should reflect it too. Therefore you can't go wrong with a classic pair of studs (diamonds or pearls are always a win), a simple yet elegant necklace, and a couple of dainty rings. This is also a great time to wear jewelry that has been passed down in your family since the majority of them will be there and will be expecting to see you wearing them.

I hope this blog makes the process a little easier and that each of you find the perfect dress that makes you feel beautiful inside and out on your special day. Also don't forget that the day is a celebration about your achievement so don't stress too much over the little things!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post...I still haven't found my outfit for graduation and I am really starting to stress! Thank you so much for posting. I will be checking these websites out, ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete