Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hot Taupic: Lobs

What do you get when you give a "Bob" hairstyle a little more length than it's used to? A Lob (long Bob hairstyle)! This hairstyle has taken over the spring season and is said to continue its fame throughout the summer season as well. I personally love this style since I've always seen "Bobs" as being a little too short for comfort. Its the perfect cut that allows you to still curl your hair without turning into Shirley Temple. It also gives you the option of going long and sleek if you straighten it. In my book it's a win-win! Several celebrities have taken on the trend and added a unique personal touch to make it their own. I've put together a couple of photos to give you ladies a little Lob inspiration since their are so many different approaches to it!

#1: Straight Lob

#2: Wavy Lob

#3: Lob with Choppy Front Bangs

#4: Partially slicked back Lob


#5: Tousled, Voluminous Lob


These are just a few examples of how celebrities took the Lob trend and made it into their own fashion statement. A key point to keep in mind when selecting which one is best for you is the shape of you face. Also it's crucial to consider the type of hair you have before cutting it too short. If you have naturally straighter hair then feel free to chop, chop, chop. However if you have naturally curly/frizzy/course hair, cutting it too short could add some serious volume. Once you've found a style you like, consult with your hairdresser as she'll know more on what's best in the long run for you!

3 comments:

  1. Francesca,

    I myself have a lob! Due to my course frizzy hair I straighten it almost everyday to produce a straight lob! I cut my hair for cancer two years ago and never looked back! I love the lob style and I think these celebs are killing the look! As always great post.
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog post! I cut off all of my hair into a bob last year and I agree that it was a little uncomfortable at first, though I got used to it! Now my hair has grown out a lot and it is pretty much a longer lob. I like it a lot!! I think this style is flattering on a lot of people and it is so easy to personalize it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your blog this semester and am going to miss hearing about all these great fashion trends.

    ReplyDelete